Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's Happening!

If you remember from this post, one of our goals for 2010 was to purchase a home; one that we could live in indefinitely- never outgrowing it, always loving it. Well....after lots of hard work and frustration, we found THE house and our offer was accepted today! We signed the paperwork this morning and hopefully all else will run smoothly from now until our 45 day escrow closes. We are shooting for Friday to get our inspections done so I will take a few more pictures of our future home then. Until then, here are a few snapshots I took the first time we laid eyes on the property:

Specs:

Location: Menifee, CA
Sq Ft: 4041
Beds: 4 (with an optional 5th or "loft"/bonus room upstairs)
Baths: 4

IMG_0026
Exterior
IMG_0027
Entry way. Left is the formal living room which I would like to use as an "office" area to showcase my work and for consultations. To the right is a guest bedroom.
IMG_0028
Formal living room
IMG_0029
Dining room. Located at the end of the hall in the entry way pic, and to the left. Formal LR, Dining room, and hall all have french doors leading to a stamped concrete patio (one of two).
IMG_0031
Kitchen w/ view of dining room behind and left. Complete with granite counter tops, dark cherry cabinets, and stainless steal appliances. The only thing missing is porcelain tile instead of the linoleum that is there now, but we can replace that eventually.
IMG_0033
View of the family room from the kitchen. To the left is another set of french doors leading to the backyard and 2nd patio. Fireplace in the upper right, entertainment nook, and then the hallway leading to the bathroom and garage (two car for sure, but it might me 3 car tandem...can't remember).
IMG_0035
Landing at the top of the stairs. Behind me is the bonus room/optional 5th bedroom. Straight and to the right leads to the master suite.
IMG_0034
View of the bonus room.
IMG_0036
Master bedroom looking into the master retreat (aka baby boy's nursery for the first year of his life).
IMG_0038
Master bath. to the right is a single sink w/ a vanity inbetween another single sink. Left doorway lead to the toilet, and I think the walk in closet is behind me in this picture.

There are two additional bedrooms upstairs that share a jack-and-jill bathroom and another small walk-in closet in the hallway for storage etc. All in all, a pretty amazing house! We are just praying everything passes inspection and there aren't any hiccups with our financing (we don't expect there will be), and that we will meet some amazing new friends in Menifee. Hopefully our ward is awesome!!! Wish us luck!

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! I have been dying to find out!!! Someday maybe I will convince Kory to move out there too!!! Love your house!

Diane said...

Congratulations!!

Shelly said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful house & that kitchen-WOW! AWESOME!!!

Kendyll said...

I am so jealous... tears are welling up in my eyes. Maybe it's still the new baby hormones, but jeez I wish I were back in San Diego. The house is fabulous! I am so excited for you!

Erica said...

congratulations! that is SO exciting! i bet you can't wait to decorate. i'm very happy for you guys (and think your office idea is a GREAT idea!

The Waldrams said...

Congratulations! I am so happy it worked out for you! The house is beautiful! We will miss having you here.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Shill! I love it! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Lechelle said...

It looks lovely! Congrats!

Rachelle said...

I can't wait to see it in person. It's amazing. And I already have something for baby boy's room. ;)

The Bowldens said...

WOW! what a gorgeous house!!!! i have a friend in menefee. i think you will love it!!! i am so happy for you guys!

The Daltons said...

Looks like an awesome house, congrats! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly through closing.

Anonymous said...

congratulations! beautiful house i am very happy for you! the baby's room in the same master bd is the best!!!!!!!!! love it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It looks wonderful! A total dream! I'm glad that you guys found something you love!

Tera said...

Beautiful! You will be so happy there as you raise your family!

GMDonovan said...

The house looks amazing! Maybe the family gatherings should be at your place now! You have enough room for the whole clan!

Congratulations! Can't wait to see it.

love,
martins

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. The house is beautiful...I'm just sad you're leaving!

moliver said...

WOW! Beautiful home. That's so exciting for you. I'm sure you will make it even more beautiful with your photos on the walls. So happy for you.