Monday, October 13, 2008

11 month update...almost there!



I know this one is late again, but I have a good excuse! Our family spent most of September in Colorado visiting my sister's family and then a couple of weeks after we got back Kevin's brother, sister, and brother-in-law came for the weekend. I feel like we are finally piecing our life back together after being out of our normal routine for so long.

Well, let's cut to the chase! This month Anslie conquered yet another tooth, an ear infection, two colds, traveling half way across country and back, is a pro at crawling and standing straight up in the middle of the room, and cruising around the furniture. She is also a world-class mountain climber and loves to crawl up and over anything that gets in her way. She finally understands the meaning of no, and although she doesn't say it, she shakes her head back and forth and all of the appropriate (and sometimes inappropriate times - like when I want her to eat something she doesn't want to eat). She also wave "hello", even on cue. Anslie doesn't quite say "mama" and "dada", but "di-di" and "ummma". We get the point. :)

Anslie is quite the little ham! She thinks she is very funny and if you happen to agree she will gladly get into a giggling match with you. The harder you laugh, the harder she laughs! She also loves to pound her open fists on her high chair tray, or your head for that matter, if it gets a good laugh out of you.

We have moved Anslie into her own room now and I think everyone is enjoying the much needed uninterrupted rest. She goes to bed between 8 and 9 pm and usually sleeps straight through until 7 or 7:30 am. It's about time!!! I really like having my room back and not worrying about if I will wake Anslie up if I roll over at night.

I am enjoying my photography class and the opportunity that it provides to learn and grow. It's really nice having a trained eye giving me objective feedback on my work. Kevin is still working hard and playing harder. He's still an ideal father and a great husband who is very supportive and involved. I am so grateful that he blesses my life everyday and that he is the kind of man that he is. I know others aren't as fortunate as myself with such helpful and patient spouses and I try to keep that in mind every time I feel like yelling at him for something :) j/k



We are all looking forward to Anslie's first official Halloween celebration and birthday. You'll just have to stay tuned to see pictures of her very cute costume!!!

2 comments:

SVB said...

Oh, she is such a doll Shillawna and the shadow photos on the beach are priceless. Thanks for posting about Prop 8, I am stealing it and putting it on my blog :)

Tera said...

She is so sweet! We sure miss her. I love the pictures! Just a few more weeks of babyhood and then she will become a toddler!