Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Sudden Outburst

Kevin and I were getting groceries and Anslie in the car after a trip to the grocery store on Monday when Anslie shocked the heck out of both of us. Kevin was standing at the back of the car putting the groceries in and I had just finished buckling Anslie in her car seat. Kev was chatting away at her trying to distract her so she didn't cry and said something along the lines of "only crazy babies cry when they sit in their car seats!" Then Anslie shouted at the top of her lungs, plain as day, "CRAZY!!!" Every consonant and vowel was there. By then I was sitting in the front seat and I whipped my head around to look at Kevin to see if he heard the same thing I did. His jaw was hanging down around his knees. I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not, and she hasn't repeated her outburst since (Kevin has tried putting the work 'crazy' in every sentence he has said to Anslie since Monday), but even if she didn't understand what she was saying and just go lucky with the sounds she put together, that is one crazy first word!


(BTW-she does say ma-ma-ma-ma-ma and dee-dee, but only when she is upset)

No comments: