Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Zac and Anslie: Sensory Time

My friend took us to this great kid's play place called Sensory Time a few weeks ago. Anslie loved it so much we are making it a frequent fun destination for our weekly down time. Sensory time is perfect for kids Anslie's age! She has so much fun playing with all of the toys, climbing equipment, slides, etc (and it's indoors which is really nice for our hot, hot, hot summer temperatures)! I braved the outdoors with two kids today and took them for a couple of hours. Zachary slept the whole time, of course, and Anslie was an angel!
This is what I get when I tell Anslie to smile and look at the camera. Pretty.




Of course, no post would be complete without some artsy shots...









And I couldn't resist snapping a few shots of my darling little ones when we got home.




Anslie has been surprisingly well behaved over the last few days. Today could have gone miserably wrong, but because of her sweet temperament and obedience, we had a really nice day! You know the saying, "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."? Well, I've discovered that it's more like, "If the kids ain't happy, everybody else is miserable!!!" I am really grateful that both kids have been awesome and easy on me during my first few days of parenting two by myself. That makes a HUGE difference, I think!

2 comments:

Tera said...

I remember after Brynna was born saying I was not going out in public by myself with 3 kids. Then one day I needed to run to Costco so I loaded everyone in the car. When I walked up to the doors of Costco I realized I was out in public, alone, with 3 kids. I had a panic attack. But I did it! And I'm glad you figured out you can too!

I can't believe how wide awake Zac looks! His eyes are so open and clear! He's changed so much. He is so cute.

SVB said...

How fun...there is a new play place being built up the street and we can't wait! Zac is so adorable, so much hair! Glad that Ans is being a good girl for you!