Monday, October 18, 2010

An Apple a Day

One of the fond memories I have from my youth is running off to Tehachapi with my dad to pick apples and watch the trains that seemed like they stretched to eternity chug by from a mountain-top vantage point. I'm sure I gave my dad plenty of attitude as most preteens and teenagers do about doing dorky things like that, but I can honestly say that I really did enjoy it. Even if I wouldn't admit it as a kid.

When my dad told me it was apple-picking season again and my sister invited us out to my home town to watch the pro street gocart racing event, I was excited to be able to spend quality time with family and to share one of the things I loved to do as a kid with my own children.

These are a few snapshots from our adventure. I want to share the fun that we had, as well as some of the funny things that were accidentally caught on camera. Look in the background of some of the images and you will see what I am talking about.
P1050020
Excited much?
P1050016
Got our bucket and we're ready to go!

P1050026
Here's a nice boob shot of Rachelle...
P1050021
P1050029
P1050068
Anslie loved carrying this stick around more than anything else.
t2
Anslie likes to hold sticks, Zac likes to eat them.
t1
Love the large woman with the tie-dye shirt in this one!
t4
The spoils from which I have made:
A dutch apple pie
apple sauce
apple butter
apple bread
apple crepes
P1050031
After apple picking it was back to Lancaster for us. Nice capture of my dad on this one.
P1050078
P1050086
Boney Hawk the skateboarding bulldog
t3
And just me messing around
P1050085
P1050090
Fun trip. Funnier pictures! :) Happy Monday!

No comments: