Thursday, March 5, 2009

YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my sister, Tera? I love reading her blog almost as much as I love her. This is her latest blog entry and I thought I would share it's eloquence and humor with all of my blog readers. You rock, sister! Thanks for putting into words what I experience all the time! :)

Wednesday, March 4, 2009
You Suck Exercise

Can I just say I'd like to punch whoever said exercising is good for you in the throat. I don't feel good. I've been trying so hard to lose these last 15 pounds of baby weight for a couple of months now. It just won't budge. It sucks. So, I thought, maybe if counting my points isn't going to be enough to get the last of this weight off, I'll have to start exercising. Exercising, shmexercising. It is horrible. I worked out 6 days last week, for a grand total of . . . 0 pounds lost. Yep, that sucks. Tonight I tried a step workout. I like step aerobics, as much as I can like any type of exercise - which have I mentioned that I hate exercising? I should have known when I turned the DVD on and the bouncy, hyper, anorexic looking, devil horned woman with a witches cackle (was I the only one that heard it? Who cares!) said that this wouldn't be "a normal step workout because I'm not the aerobics type of girl" that it was going to suck lemons. For once I'd like to see a workout video being led by a normal looking girl who is sweating and crying and yelling obscenities at the TV. Because yes, I yell at the TV. When she tells me to do just "one more" of anything, I yell "no. I hate you. You suck". . . and then I do it. It was so hard. So now I sit here, my arms are so jello-y that it's hard to type, my legs are shaking, my stomach is a little queasy, and I feel like I'm going to cough up a lung. So yes, I want to punch someone in the throat for saying exercising is good for you. I disagree. It sucks and it makes me feel crappy and it doesn't seem to be making a bit of difference. Unless that is, you count the fact that tomorrow every time I pick up my baby my arms will scream out in pain, or as I walk down the stairs I will have to grab hold of the railing to keep myself from falling down the stairs as my legs collapse out from under me. The only difference it isn't going to make is in my weight. You suck exercise. I hate you.

4 comments:

Tera said...

Ha Ha! I love that post too! I always love it when I can put into words how others are feeling. Glad I could amuse you! Thanks for making me feel good about what I wrote and that I'm not the only one! It touches my heart when others find value in what I have to say!

The Anglesey Family said...

I was laughing sooo hard! Your sister is just toooo funny! Although...I am one of those weird people who actually like working out! Am I insane? YES!

Unknown said...

I couldnt have said it better myself

SVB said...

Awesome...I will have to agree with her. The only time I really agree exercise is when it gives me a break from my kiddos! LOL!