Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oh, Baby!

This last week was such a fun yet BUSY week! A bunch of my family was coming in town for my oldest sister, Rachelle's, graduation from CSUN and she was kind enough to let me steal some of her thunder and schedule my baby shower for the weekend before so that they could attend that as well.

My sweet friends, Kenna and Catherine, threw me such a great shower! The decorations were super cute, the food was delicious, and I made out like a bandit!!! It was such a special experience to be able to have my sisters, mom, aunt, and cousins all attend my baby shower!

We played three fun games: (and if you know me, you know I am not a fan of shower games, so if I say they were fun, they were!!!) The first was a list of personality traits and physical features that my guests had to guess whether I would want the new baby to have from either Kevin or me. It's a pretty good thing that nature decides these kinds of things, otherwise this kid might look pretty funny! Rachelle won first place, and my other sister, Tera, came in second.

The second game involved lots of fun just for me! I had to taste test different baby foods and guess what they were. Not a big deal because when Anslie was eating baby food I always tasted anything I put into her mouth (BTW, baby food bananas are delicious!!!) and I actually guessed all but one right! The worst of the bunch was the turkey. It was disgusting when I fed it to Anslie and it still is! I totally gagged!

The last game, of course, was trying to guess the size of my tummy with a piece of yarn. My mom won that game...not a big surprise since she works with pregnant moms and new babies for a living!

My favorite gifts included a Sit and Stand stroller, a Moby Wrap, an Utter Cover nursing cover, several custom hand made baby blankets, a Boppy nursing pillow, hand made and personalized bunny stuffed animals for both the baby and Anslie, and of course, all of the darling baby clothes!

I feel so blessed to have people in my life that not only love me and my family, but are so supportive of us as well! I can't believe the generosity of my friends and family and I am grateful for all that is done for us! We are officially ready to welcome this baby boy into our lives and are even more excited to raise both he and Anslie within the wonderful community of family and friends that surround us!

PS-- I am 37 weeks along. I had my last checkup on the 20th and there hasn't been any progress from the checkup the week before that. Still 1-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. We have some time to go before this boy is ready! (I keep telling myself that so that I don't get my hopes up.)


3 comments:

Tera said...

I am so glad that I got to be part of your baby shower. I hate that we live so far apart and miss out on so many special things. I had a blast at your house and always love the time I spend with you. Your home is gorgeous and Anslie was a doll. I'm waiting on pins and needles for the call that it's time to come back!

Kimberly said...

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmm, I used to eat baby food all the time when Kenny and Hannah were born. My favorites are peaches and sweet potatoes. Man, now I can't wait to have a baby!!

Darren & Kenna said...

You're so sweet. I'm so glad you loved your baby shower. And I love the pictures Diane took.