Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Little Man and Other Things

IMG_0007
Zachary is now 7 months old (!!!) and the sweetest baby EVER! He is so cuddly and cute, expressive, busy, and darling. Pretty much just think of every positive word that can describe a baby and that is him.



Zac is officially crawling and is even pulling up on things and starting to cruise around. It's the cutest thing I have ever seen. Kevin says he was walking by 10 months and I think Zac is going to follow in his daddy's footsteps! He also has four teeth, the middle two on the bottom and each k-9 on the top. (So he looks like a little vampire) Luckily he has never used his teeth on me!
IMG_0008
Zac just had tubes put in his ears and two mucoceles removed from his bottom lip. The surgery went quickly and was successful. We are dealing with the post-op drainage now (yuck!) but I think we are going to have a much happier and healthier baby on our hands now. The doctor told us he actually had an ear infection, his 5th since birth, while they were putting the tubes in. Poor guy!
IMG_0010
I am enjoying mostly restful nights these days! I can usually count on Zac only waking up once or twice a night. So awesome! And I'm sure he loves the rest too :) Zac has started eating solids so I'm sure that contributes to our good nights. I usually only feed him solids once a day, right before bed. He will chow down 7 ounces of baby food with rice cereal mixed into it to the consistency of mashed potatoes. And then suck a couple graham crackers down with it. And then nurse himself to sleep. No wonder he's such a big boy! (almost 19 pounds)
IMG_0021
Anslie is such a great big sister to Zachary! Every now and then we have to remind her to share her toys, but other than that she is so loving and gentle with her little brother. Sometimes the two of them play together, Anslie making silly noises and getting Zac to giggle. It KILLS me it's so cute!

Kevin is still working hard, back on the line at work. He has been acting as a temporary supervisor which is wonderful experience for him. Kevin passed the supervisor's exam so he is now eligible to apply for a position if/when one opens, but I think he is going to do the test again to see if he can get a better score and improve his chances. Regardless, I am so proud of him and all of his hard work!
IMG_0044
I have been busy trying not to be so busy lately. Life got really hectic last year (two moves, buying a house, having a baby, working hard on my photography business, etc) so one of my new year's resolutions was to kind of let things settle down and not push so much. Focus more on the happiness of my children and husband (and myself). I have to remind myself every day to relax, especially when it comes to my appetite for all things photography. I feel sad every now and then because I love what I do. But I remember my sweet little ones and it keeps me on track. I'm trying to figure it all out and manage my time appropriately so that everyone's needs are met. It's a learning process, but so far so good. Wish me luck :)

I think we are on track for a good year in 2011. I'm looking forward to all this year may hold, whatever that may be. We had a lot of BIG things happen last year, so it might be nice to have an easy, quiet year, just to focus on us.

1 comment:

Diane said...

He sure is a handsome little guy!