Sunday, December 14, 2008

"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"


We got our tree on Friday and Anslie's favorite part of the experience was testing out her new "wings" at the Christmas Tree Lot (she is walking completely now).

Our tree hunting experience happens like this every year: We walk into the lot expecting to take some time finding the "perfect tree" and the first one we grab is the best one we look at. It's almost anti-climactic.

Kevin tied the tree to the top of the car..and I don't think he did a very good job because it almost slid off the roof on the way home. Very scary!


On Saturday we took Anslie to see Santa. The lady who was in charge of taking poloroids of the kids told me to walk in backwards and then place Anslie in Santa's lap and then walk away with my back to her so that Anslie wouldn't freak. I said, 'whatever - my kid is brave!' I marched in holding Anslie so that she could see Santa, put her in his lap, they had a little conversation, and I took my own pictures. Anslie wasn't scared one bit. Told you she was brave!


It was a fun couple of days and helped to bring the Christmas Spirit into our home. Now we just have to figure out how to keep Anslie away from the tree!

1 comment:

Tera said...

I am glad you are not a fake tree person. I just love going and picking out a fresh tree every year. It makes it feel more "christmasy". Merry christmas!