Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dear Diane...


I am really sad that you moved! I wanted to share a few things with you and everyone else that I have come to love about you, my dear friend Diane:

I love that you are always excited to learn new things. It makes me want to learn new things too.

I love that you are so accepting of others, even if they don't share the same religious, political, or social views with you.

I love that you are strong and decisive. It makes others feel secure when they are around you.

I love that you are (very) artistic, and not always in the traditional way. It's helped me to see beauty in ways that I never could before.

I also love that even though you are (very) artistic, you can can pull back and look at life in a more analytical way. You're balanced and that makes it easy to be your friend.

I love that you are quick to laugh and that you don't care what others think of you.

I love that you are willing to help others in their time of need, even if it means extra work on your part.

I love that you always ask so many questions. Not only does it make others feel like they are interesting and important, it also makes them explore the "why's" in their own reality.

I love that you have encouraged me to pursue my life-long passion of photography and have given me the tools to be successful with it.

I love that I know I can tell you the truth about anything without being judged or mocked.

I love that you are my friend and I know that we will be friends, no matter how far apart we live.

I wish you all the best in your new life and in all of your endeavors. I have really had a good time getting to know you and will always cherish the fun times we had together! And we all know you will be back down to Chula Vista to visit, even if you say you won't :)

2 comments:

softservegirl said...

bye diane! I will miss you too!

Diane said...

You are so sweet Shillawa! Thank you so much for that. Really! What a wonderful friend you are!