Sunday, August 2, 2009

Holy crap! I'm amazing!!!

Kevin and I decided to fast and pray for Anslie's health today - that she would gain enough weight to get the NG tube out of her nose tomorrow and that her arm would be healed enough to get the cast off on Tuesday. For anyone who has ever fasted before, you know how hard it is to deny yourself food for almost and entire day. And to make things worse, I had the bright idea of watching a marathon of one of my favorite new TV shows, "Cake Boss." Yup. A couple of hours of watching an expert pastry chef carve, mold, bake, pipe, frost, and create delectable pastries and cakes...all on an empty stomach. Bright. Needless to say, when the marathon was over, Kevin and I had a MAJOR craving for cake! I rummaged through my cabinets and through my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and found recipes and enough ingredients to put together an impromptu "Sunday" cake. This is the first cake I have ever made before from scratch with a meringue-style home made frosting to top it off. Holy crap! I'm amazing! Look out, Cake Boss! There's a new pastry queen in town!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Beautiful Cake! Now, why didn't you call us and tell us you were fasting for Anslie. We would have fasted with you...

Tiffany said...

WOW! I am soooo impressed!!!!! That looks amazing! Kory and I love that show Cake Boss....Can you believe what amazing cakes they can do!!!! But, its not something to watch on FAST SUNDAY!!!